June 12th. 13th & 14th, 2015
Sacajawea State Park – Pasco, Washington
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT SACAJAWEA BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL
Our new volunteer coordinator says we have spots open for a few more volunteers at this years festival. A four hour shift will earn you the rest of that day at the festival for free, 3 shifts will earn you a weekend pass. Experience is a bonus if you have any from working other festivals – let us know your experience and strengths. Please use the volunteer contact on our website to connect with Brent VanDevender. sacajawea.volunteers@gmail.
Join us for our 12th year of the Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival and Dutch Oven Rendezvous!
The festival starts Friday June 12th and ends on Sunday June 14th.
This years’ line up will announced in early March.
For festival tickets, visit our ticket information below. Save $8 when you purchase your weekend pass in advance!
Special Note! No access fee or Discover Pass is required for ticket holders as MCTAMA is paying for each car, for ticket holders only, for June 12 and June 14. Saturday June 13 is a FREE day, so ticket holders (or anyone) does not need to pay a Discover Pass fee that day.
For more information the festival schedule, tickets and activities, click on the links below:
2015 Festival Schedule
The 2015 schedule will be firmed up in the spring of 2015. Concerts will run from 5pm on Friday June 12, and the last show will end 2pm on Sunday afternoon June 14, 2015.
Note: the schedule is subject to change.
Friday, June 12th
- 5:00-5:45 Open Mike
- 6:00-6-45 Concert 1
- 7:00-7:45 Concert 2
- 8:00-8:45 Concert 3
- 9:15-11:15 Square Dance
Saturday, June 13th
- 10:30-11:30 Workshop
- 11:30-12:30 Workshop
- 10:30-12:30 Youth Workshop
- 12:30 Band Scramble Selections
- 12:45 Flag Presentation
- 1:00-1:30 Youth Workshop Presentation
- 1:45-2:45 Band Scramble
- 3:00-3:45 Concert 1
- 3:45 4:30 Concert 2
- 4:45-5:30 Concert 3
- 5:30-6:30 Dinner Break
- 6:30-7:15 Concert 4
- 7:20-8:20 Concert 5
- 8:30-9:45 Concert 6
Sunday, June 14th
- 10:00-10:45 Gospel Sing Along
- 11:00-11:45 Concert 1
- 12:00-12:45 Concert 2
- 1:00-1:45 Concert 3
- 2:00 Closing of Festival
- Schedule subject to change
2015 Festival Bands
The line-up for the 2015 Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival is still being confirmed.
2015 Festival Ticket Prices
Weekend Pass Pre-sale: before June 10 – Ticket price $30
Weekend Pass: on or after June 10 – Ticket price $38
Friday Evening Pass: Ticket price $18
Friday Dance (9pm-11pm): Ticket price $8
Saturday Daily Pass: Ticket price $25
Sunday Daily Pass: Ticket price $12
Age 15 and under free accompanied by a paying adult.
Tickets are available locally at Kennewick Ranch and Home starting on May 1st, 2015. Day tickets can either be purchased at Ranch and Home or at the gate. Presale weekend passes can either be purchased at Ranch and Home, online through Brown Paper Tickets, or through the mail with our order form. We will have Brown Paper Tickets set up in early March.
Visit our Brown Paper Ticket event page and purchase tickets online now.
Download our mail order form to purchase tickets by mail.
Camping and Discover Pass Information
Camping is an additional fee paid at the state park ($13 per vehicle per night). Campers do not need a Discover Pass if they pay the camping fee for all nights that they stay at the park. Camping fees are paid at the state park when you arrive. No reservations are accepted.
Discover Pass Information
The Discover Pass is a fee charged per vehicle, for day use at all Washington State Parks. Fees are either a daily fee for $10, or an annual pass for $30. The annual pass is good for two vehicles (but not at the same visit). We are paying the Discover Pass fee for all paid attendees to the festival. When you arrive and pay for or present your ticket, a Discover Pass (day pass) will be given to you. If you already have an annual Discover Pass, thank you for supporting your Washington State Parks.
See the Washington State Parks website for more information.
NOTE TO CAMPERS: Each person camping must have, or must purchase a festival ticket good from the day of your arrival through Sunday. Festival tickets are non-refundable. For more information, please see the camping information page.
2015 General Information and Guidelines
The camp area is a “wristband required area”. Everyone in the camp area must be a paid attendee with a wristband. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Camping type: Dry camping, no hookups
- No electricity. A small number of household plugs are available, medical reason only
- No reservations, first come first served
- Camping for ticket holders paid from your day of arrival through Sunday only (or weekend pass)
- Everyone camping must have a ticket valid from the day of their arrival through Sunday.
- Those arriving before or on Friday must have a weekend pass
- No generators in lawn area (It’s just too close to your neighbor)
- No dump station at the park. Nearest dump is at Hood Park, 4 miles away
- City water is available to fill up tanks
- Showers are available
- Food vendors will be on site from Friday through noon on Sunday
- $13 per vehicle per night
Arrival and Departure
- No arrivals before 10:00am – Wednesday June 10, 2015
- Campers must vacate by noon – Monday June 15, 2015
Clover Island Inn has made arrangements for discounted rooms for those who do not wish to camp at the park. Clover Island is an easy, short drive from the park. For reservations, call: 866-586-0542.
Maps of the Region
- General region map from Google Maps.
- For specific driving directions use the Interactive Map on the Google Maps web site.
- Aerial Photograph of the Park (260K jpg). Up is approximately north. The Snake River is on the right and the Columbia River on the bottom and flows from left to right.
The Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival is looking for food vendors, artists, crafters and vendors with items contributing to the understanding and enjoyment of nature, history, the Bluegrass music tradition and Dutch Oven cooking. All items must be new, either purchased or handmade. (Exception: used acoustic music instruments as used in Old Time/Bluegrass music.)
Please contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about receiving an application.
We are looking for sponsors for our activities. Our programs are in need of your help! Please give us a call at (509) 492-1555.
2014 SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
- A very special thanks to Ed Dailey — Catch his program Sunday mornings: “The Legends of Country” on KORD 102.7 FM
- The Top Family
- Randy and Janet Schuler
- The Sapp Family
- Boeing Gift Matching Program
- Artmil Design Studio
- Chief’s R.V.
- Washington State Parks
- Jim and Jan Delfel
Thanks to the many volunteers who have devoted so much time and effort to our cause. Our activities are all done with volunteer effort.
We are looking for additional sponsors for the 2012 Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival and our Heritage Days event. If interested, please call (509)492-
- History of Bluegrass at International Bluegrass Music Association
- Listen to Bluegrass on the Internet: BluegrassCountry.org
Bluegrass Associations & Festival Links
- Washington Bluegrass Association
- The Inland Northwest Bluegrass Association (Spokane)
- Oregon Bluegrass Association
- California Bluegrass Association
- Idaho Bluegrass Association
Bluegrass Web Lists
Old Time Music Links
- Old Time Music in Portland, Oregon–http://bubbaguitar.com/
- Old Time Music News — Access what is going on in the world of old time music. Lots of links to what is available on the Net and what is going on around the country.
Listen to Old Time Music on the Internet
Folk Music Links
- 3 Rivers Folk Life Society (Tri-Cities, WA – Tumbleweed Festival, Labor Day Weekend in Richland, WA)
Dutch Oven Links